You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, October 30th 2014, 5:01pm

Sounds like you have what were known as Flo Pro valves. You are best off replacing all of them at one time, with new valves that also have flow controls. I would recommend an Irritrol 2500TF as a good choice.

irrigirl

Friday, October 31st 2014, 7:27am

"I started from scratch and ran my sprinklers with water and every zone worked perfect.
Every zone started and stopped as they should."

Ran them from where? The valve?

"I disconnected all the remaining wires to to other zones and still all the zones came on again."

The zones still came on even though disconnected? If this is true, sounds like crosswiring.

Bob B

Unregistered

Friday, October 31st 2014, 12:34pm

Vision 1 issue

"I started from scratch and ran my sprinklers with water and every zone worked perfect.
Every zone started and stopped as they should."

Ran them from where? The valve?

"I disconnected all the remaining wires to to other zones and still all the zones came on again."

The zones still came on even though disconnected? If this is true, sounds like crosswiring.

Hi, I ran my sprinklers as if I was watering the grass from the control timer box. Every zone came on and shut off as they should. I then attempted as I've done for years and attempted to blow out the sprinklers by going to each zone from the controller box. Doesn't matter what zone I attempt to blow out. They all come on at once when I attempt to blow them out with the compressor. I disconnected the other zone wires except zone 1 from the timer and all the zones still come on with the air. By going to the valve box and shuting off the flow control valves to all 6 valves I was able to blow out each zone one at a time.

I have a diagram of the system when installed and every wire is hooked up from when it was installed. No one has ever done any repair work to the system.
Thanks,
Bob

irrigirl

Friday, October 31st 2014, 1:08pm

So when you ran the system like you were watering the grass regularly, they came on one at a time?

But in manual mode, they all come on at once and still run while the wires are disconnected?

I don't know how these two things would be possible in the same instance. Theres no way he could have crosswiring in manual, and the zones each run one at a time while in automatic?? I am stumped. Anyone else got this?

Bob B

Unregistered

Friday, October 31st 2014, 4:12pm

Vision 1

So when you ran the system like you were watering the grass regularly, they came on one at a time?

But in manual mode, they all come on at once and still run while the wires are disconnected?

I don't know how these two things would be possible in the same instance. Theres no way he could have crosswiring in manual, and the zones each run one at a time while in automatic?? I am stump

Bob B

Unregistered

Friday, October 31st 2014, 8:53pm

RE: Vision 1

But in manual mode, they all come on at once and still run while the wires are disconnected? [/
I don't know how these two things would be possible in the same instance. Theres no way he could have crosswiring in manual, and the zones each run one at a time while in automatic?? I am stump

Hi, answer to the first question is yes. I watered the grass using the automatic cycle. All 6 zones came on one at a time and worked perfectly. I even tried running them in the manual mode and again all worked as they should. As long as the system has water in it everything is fine. Just like the first day they were installed.

Problem is when I try to blow out the zones with air the problem starts. When I try to blow out zone one at the timer and run it for a couple of minutes every single sprinkler in the yard pops up. It doesn't matter what zone I attempt to blow out, same results. All six zone come on. I can even disconnect the other 5 wires at the controller but still all 6 zones come on. Have been blowing out the system same way for 20 + years never had a problem.

This system has never been worked on and 100% sure the wiring has never been fooled with. I still have the diagrham when the system was installed. Every wire is in its proper place. ? Think it's time to replace all the zone valves?

I was able to close all the flow controls and and blew out 1 zone at a time. System no longer has any water in the system but don't want to do this every year.

Thanks,
Bob

mrfixit

Saturday, November 1st 2014, 4:31am

I'm not sure why we were even talking about the controller in the first place. Your issue has nothing to do with the valves being activated electrically.

The valves are coming on due to air pressure yes?

Just turn the flow controls off each year.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, November 1st 2014, 6:44am

As noted, working the flow controls would have completed the winterizing, and that process can be repeated each year. The controller never had anything to do with winterizing issues. The new one is still worth having, especially for the advanced features that can save water.

(the Flo-Pro valves are still a candidate for complete replacement, when the time comes they misbehave during the watering season)

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Wet_Boots" (Nov 1st 2014, 7:22am)

Rate this thread