You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

sharplou

Starting Member

Tuesday, September 5th 2023, 3:43pm

Zone 4 continues to run

I have a Toro Greenkeeper 212 about 20 years old. I have 4 zones in the A program (no other programs). This year when getting the system running, I noticed a problem in zone 4. There are 10 sprinklers in zone 4. The bottom 5 come on and run in every zone. The top 5 run correctly when the program gets to zone 4. It cuts off correctly.

What is wrong with the bottom 5 that run with every zone? Is it a programming issue in the controller, or is it a faulty valve for the bottom 5 sprinklers?
:cursing:

mrfixit

Tuesday, September 5th 2023, 10:11pm

I'd venture to guess that 5 sprinklers run on one valve and 5 sprinklers run on a totally different valve.
Do you have a master valve? It could be that there's a problem with one of the valves so it runs every time the master valve runs. Meaning the master valve runs with all zones. 1-2-3-4.
Seems as though you must have 5 valves, two must be wired together on zone 4. Unless you're mistaken.
How many zones/wires are hooked up to the controller? So slot 5 is empty?
I'm not going to say it's a bad module yet. Look at the wiring. 1 wire in slot #1, 1 wire in slot #2, 1 wire in slot #3, and 1 wire in slot #4? Or are there two wires in slot #4?
Perhaps the 5 sprinklers are wired to the master valve slot instead of the #5 slot.
I would find the valve first to see if there's a problem with it. You can turn on the master valve manually to see if the 5 sprinklers come on. You could turn on an unused slot at the controller, let's say #6. See if the 5 sprinklers come on.

Rate this thread