You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

MikeG1

Thursday, October 5th 2023, 10:21am

No Zones Are Working

Good morning-

My sprinkler system (all zones) stopped working from one day to the next. Below are the items that I've tested

• Hunter Pro-C Controller display works and is sending power.
  • Tested one solenoid and it is receiving power.
  • Rain sensor is bypassed
  • Opened valves manually and water flows thru with no issues.
  • Controller was reset, but issue persists.

Any input is greatly appreciated!

mrfixit

Thursday, October 5th 2023, 10:35am

How many volts is the controller sending?
How many volts is the valve receiving?
What model valves do you have? and How many are there?
You've basically said that everything is working. So I'm thinking that either the valves aren't receiving enough power to activate the solenoids or there is something wrong with every valve. Do a continuity test of the wiring and solenoids from the controller. Are they Rainbird valves? I've seen three solenoids of theirs go bad at the same time. The only time all the solenoids were fried was from a lightning strike.
I ran across a job once where they were putting in a pool. They broke the mainline then repaired it themselves. Each valve was full of gravel. Nothing worked.

MikeG1

Thursday, October 5th 2023, 2:51pm

If I set the voltmeter to 50v~, I get a reading of 26v from the controller for an active zone. If I set the voltmeter to 250v~ I get a much lower reading. Not sure if I'm using the voltmeter correctly.

I was able to find 6/10 stations, and they are Hunter brand (as is the controller and transformer).

mrfixit

Thursday, October 5th 2023, 3:30pm

Try this <click on that.
Go out to a valve and see if it activates. I'm assuming it will.
You don't have a master valve do you? I was assuming not because you said that you activated the valves manually.
You said that you have a Hunter controller. Make sure the modules lock is on if you have one.
Watch this on how to use your multimeter.

MikeG1

Thursday, October 5th 2023, 7:37pm

Bought a digital voltmeter with the 200v setting. The controller is sending 27v. I did the continuity test and the voltmeter did not show any Ohms - which I assume is indicative of a short?

mrfixit

Friday, October 6th 2023, 10:47am

I believe there's a problem with the common wire. It's broken or come off somewhere.
Do any digging lately? Maybe all the wires were cut.

Rate this thread