You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Murphy

Friday, September 5th 2003, 11:50am

An update on my system...

All the houses in my neighboorhood, which is a new subdivision, have Poly run from the street to the foundation and then through the wall in copper and the whole house is copper. Isn't that odd?

RVLI

Supreme Member

Friday, September 5th 2003, 1:57pm

That's how it is here, too.

Murphy

Monday, September 8th 2003, 6:13am

I am having a hard time finding an adapter to go from my poly to PVC. My poly says it is SDR-9 200PSI 1" Service Line. I can't find any adapters at the local Lowes. All their adapters fits 160 PSI pipe.

Any ideas?

Rays Sprinklers

Supreme Member

Monday, September 8th 2003, 10:16am

simply buy a 1" Female addapter for the poly, and a 1" PVC male adapter and screw them together....that will convert...be sure to use 2 clamps becuase its under pressure, and put teflon on the threads
Thanks
Ray
Rays Above and Beyond Automatic Lawn Sprinklers

Murphy

Monday, September 8th 2003, 10:41am

I tried that but my poly pipe is not the same diameter as 160 PSI pipe. It is smaller on the inside.

BTW, I just got off the phone with my local irrigation supply guy and he said they have what I need. It's a compression fitting for 200 PSI poly with pipe threads on the outlet end.

Rays Sprinklers

Supreme Member

Monday, September 8th 2003, 4:13pm

goood.....is he going to do it...or will he sell you the part?
Thanks
Ray

Murphy

Tuesday, September 9th 2003, 9:32am

He's going to sell it to me. He said it is pretty easy to hook up. I am excited, I should be trenching this week!

Rays Sprinklers

Supreme Member

Friday, September 12th 2003, 11:18am

awesome let me know how it woprks?
Thanks
Ray

aquamatic

Advanced Member

Monday, February 16th 2004, 9:04am

Just to confirm- Many of the homes I'b ve been quoting on and have been built in the past 15 years do have a 1" Poly coming into the home as a main connected to the meter. It is NSF branded

Rate this thread