You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

pilotct

Starting Member

Tuesday, September 9th 2003, 3:11am

Hunter ICC Lightning Strike?

I returned from a week's vacation to find my one year old Hunter ICC (2, 8 station modules) dead as a doornail. My irrigation company came the next day, promptly declared a "lightning strike", said Hunter wouldn't cover it under warranty and then replaced the entire unit including the 2, eight station modules charging me $475 for the controller and modules and $90 for 1.5 hours of installation work. Does this sound right? I thought Hunter had a lightning warranty? Should I have him give me the parts he replaced? Should I talk to Hunter directly? Thank you very much.

Rays Sprinklers

Supreme Member

Friday, September 12th 2003, 11:20am

talk to your local irrigation distrubuter......it takes me about 20 minutes in install and fully setup a controller.....thats a scam....you can purchase an iCC for an awesome price righjt here at sprinkler warrehouse, and install it yourself.....its very easy!
Thanks
Ray
Rays Above and Beyond Automatic Lawn Sprinklers

drpete3

Supreme Member

Friday, September 12th 2003, 5:30pm

Unfortunately, that may be a scam but if they gave you an estimate and you gave them the go ahead then I think you will be obligated to pay. Eventhough it seems unfair. I would also investigate with hunter directly about their warranty. I dont know about lightning strike warranty, but if they do then you may have a leg to stand on.
Thanks,

Pete

Rays Sprinklers

Supreme Member

Saturday, September 13th 2003, 6:27am

I know that Rainbird's controller warrenty states that they at no circumstances replace lightning strike controller......im not sure about hunter...every so ofter i get a sprinkler newspaper that is published with all little bits of info...nwe products..etc.....and different info packets from hunter.;....ill look through and see what they say about the controller....if you dont have the co ionstall it.......get another estimate..or you can buy it from sprinkler warehouse
Thanks
Ray
Rays Above and Beyond Automatic Lawn Sprinklers

Rate this thread