You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

aquamatic

Advanced Member

Monday, November 3rd 2003, 2:55am

Well Water- Low PSI, Design ?

I am getting ready to design a small coverage system that will consist of all sprays at 7' distance the max.

Well gauge shows 40psi and is flowing about 7 GPM.

This is the first time I am dealing with a well connection entirely on my own with these low number.

I was thinking of using the Hunter SRS or PS sprays

What do you all suggest?

Booster Pump?
Regulate pressure higher ( if possible)?

Raibird

bhungue2

Advanced Member

Monday, November 3rd 2003, 7:23am

Is the well variable speed? I know I have come across some wells where you can actually change how much they pump. Check to make sure you can't adjust it's settings. I believe there are three settings. If the well isn't variable speed, I would just install the system according to the gpm I'm given. I use Rainbird 5000 series sprays (8' nozzles for such a small area) I've never used a booster pump or pressure regulator, I don't know that much about them.
Bhungue2

Rays Sprinklers

Supreme Member

Friday, November 7th 2003, 9:48am

the TORO 570 spray heads are what i use, and they are specifically designed to work for low pressure their best performance is at 20-30 PSI. They have the "easy up" riser, which pops up with out much force, and a "no flow by" seal on pop-up so water wont leak out of the head on pop-up. I would use the 8' nozzles on those....if you dont want 570 i would go with the Rainbird 1800 series spray (bhungue: the 5000 is a rotor)
Thanks
Ray
Rays Above and Beyond Automatic Lawn Sprinklers

aquamatic

Advanced Member

Tuesday, November 11th 2003, 6:21am

I was also thinking of going with the Hunter SRS series which are rated as low as 15 psi.

Any thoughts on these verses the Rainbird 1800 series??

Rays Sprinklers

Supreme Member

Wednesday, November 12th 2003, 6:12am

Use the Hunter SRS but with the Rainbird Nozzles. The Hunter SRS nozzles are horrible for little distance. I would use the SRS body and the Rainbird Nozzles....defanatly.......Rainbird really hit nozzle design right on the head, with both rotors and sprays. Rainbird nozzle cover much better. Or really you could go 1800 all the way if you want....
Thanks
Ray
Rays Above and Beyond Automatic Lawn Sprinklers

bhungue2

Advanced Member

Wednesday, November 12th 2003, 2:53pm

Sorry I meant to say 1800 series.
Bhungue2

Rate this thread