You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

bbishop

Saturday, January 17th 2004, 11:07am

leaky controller?

I've got a Watermaster 57223 backflow controller, that apparently is letting water leak through. The lowest sprinkler head on the line is constantly leaking, and I can hear a hiss in the controller (even when I turn the control handle all the way off.) Does this require me to replace the entire controller or do I just change somethign with wiring or selenoid (or whatever it's called!)

Bruce

Rays Sprinklers

Supreme Member

Saturday, January 17th 2004, 5:40pm

i dont understand what you mean by the "controller is leaking" you mean the valves?

they are in the ground
green box?

Please let me know so i can futhur assist you!
Thanks
Ray
Rays Above and Beyond Automatic Lawn Sprinklers

bbishop

Tuesday, January 20th 2004, 7:01am

Actually, they are above ground, but yes, it's the backflow controller, that is wired to the timer. One of them is allowing a constant stream of water to flow from the source pipe into the sprinkler line. The lowest sprinkler head is leaking water, and I can hear a hissing in the backflow control.

drpete3

Supreme Member

Tuesday, January 20th 2004, 9:25am

You are referring to an anti siphon valve that is leaking.
Thanks,

Pete

Rays Sprinklers

Supreme Member

Friday, January 23rd 2004, 2:52pm

if it is an antisiphon valve that is leaking then i suggest that you open up the valve, remove the "guts" and check it out...its possible the diaphram (rubber part is ripped) or there is a foreign object in the valve preventing it from closing all the way....open it up and give it a good clean out!
Thanks
Ray

nestors

Advanced Member

Friday, March 12th 2004, 11:44am

You can install a master valve before it which will stop the flow of water to it when the sprinklers are not in use .

Nestor's Sprinklers & Lighting
Georgia 770-410-9356

WWW.GeorgiaLighting.net
Vincent Nestor
Nestor's Sprinklers & Lighting
Alpharetta,Ga.30022

vpn1@bellsouth.net

www.NestorsLandScape.com
www.GeorgiaLighting.net

Rays Sprinklers

Supreme Member

Saturday, March 27th 2004, 11:32am

INstalling a master valve is not the correct way to solve this. I would clean out the valve or replace it.
Thanks
Ray

Rate this thread