You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

skamp

Saturday, February 28th 2004, 11:22am

Center strip question

I am finishing my sprinkler design and have a question. I have a 8'x36' side yard. I am not sure if I should just use regular 7' (I should get ~8ft at 35PSI) sprayers or a combination of center and end strip sprayers. Thanks in advance for the help!

Steve

HooKooDooKu

Supreme Member

Saturday, February 28th 2004, 6:27pm

I think you want to include end strip sprayers in combination with center strip sprayers so that you can get that "head-to-head" coverage. The idea behind "head-to-head" is that you get each spot on the yard to be watered by two heads (to make up for the fact that the spray will not throw evenly). If you only use center strip heads, that means the ends of the strip are getting hit by only one head.

Tom

Supreme Member

Sunday, February 29th 2004, 5:06am

Too wide for strip nozzles.

I'd use quarter and half nozzles.

Rays Sprinklers

Supreme Member

Sunday, February 29th 2004, 8:21am

I agree with Tom the center strips are designed for a Maximum of 4' if that. Iw ould use halfs along the sides and quarters at the ends. If it is 8' wide id use 8' or 10' nozzles.
Thanks
Ray
Rays Above and Beyond Automatic Lawn Sprinklers

skamp

Monday, March 1st 2004, 3:44am

Great. I orginally designed with halfs and quarters so I will just leave it like that. I am sure I will be hitting you guys up with more questions. Thanks!!

Steve

Rate this thread