You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

skamp

Monday, March 1st 2004, 8:16am

Head placement

I am finishing my design and I need advise on where to place my heads for my flower and shrub beds. Do they do in the front middle or back. Here is a link to my current design (not completed yet). I have the heads for the shrub bed in front spraying towards the fence. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks in advance!!

Here is the link to my current design:

http://www.lanability.com/images/irrigation_plan.gif

Steve

aquamatic

Advanced Member

Monday, March 1st 2004, 1:14pm

Steve, Looks like a visio layout. Right?
Anyways looks pretty good except for looks like you have some rotors covering over your patio and your 2.48gpm head located by the live oaks should be placed on the edge bewteen your .71.

As for the zones with the sprays. Are you sure you have all that GPM to support it? Sprays can be funny if you lack the GPM especially with that many on 1 zone

I would split that into 2 seaprate zones especially the half down to the bottom looks like it might get more evaporiation being in the wide open.

What is your actuall GPM? City or Well?

skamp

Monday, March 1st 2004, 3:38pm

Yes I did the design in Visio. Thanks for the suggestions. I have modified my design and can be found at:

http://www.lanability.com/images/new_design.gif

Also can you tell me if the sprayers for the beds need to be in the front of the bed or behind the bed? Thanks!

Steve

aquamatic

Advanced Member

Tuesday, March 2nd 2004, 12:54am

I dont see a difference on the new design- ANyways does your beds have any slopes? If so set them farthe back from the drop. I would just place them in the middle. You can always move those around easily with bed changes.

The strip of grass down at the bottom lloks like you are trying to cover it wit the rotors on the larger area. You might want to consider running a separate zone. especially if thats a public walk. Drop some small misters on their. You will need to bore under the concrete of course.

skamp

Tuesday, March 2nd 2004, 1:37am

Did you click on the new link? I did move a bunch of stuff as well as added a zone for the flower bed in the front. For the front sidewalk strip I am using a 5x30 side strip with 5x15 cornerstrips. It gives me head to head coverage. The only place I am using rotors is in the back in zones 4 and 6. My beds (and my whole lot) has basically zero slope. Here is the link again for my revised design. Thanks!!

http://www.lanability.com/images/new_design.gif

Steve

aquamatic

Advanced Member

Tuesday, March 2nd 2004, 8:35am

Ok now I saw it-Looks pretty good. I'm still concerned with your GPM's on the right side with all the sprays. Are you confident you have atleast 2-3 gpms over what it will consume.

Are you using city water? Be conservative if so- The rule of thumb I was taught was to be 2-3 under what is actually available to make up for variances throught your city water. I would still recommend splitiing up that into 2 zones.

As for your valve box locations- Your going to create a maze up by the corner of the house. I would continue your main off the first box and run it a little deeper all the way to the right corner of your patio to searve that half of the property. If your confused, email me your visio file and I will detail it.

Paul: ppchaves@cox.net

aquamatic

Advanced Member

Tuesday, March 2nd 2004, 8:35am

Ok now I saw it-Looks pretty good. I'm still concerned with your GPM's on the right side with all the sprays. Are you confident you have atleast 2-3 gpms over what it will consume.

Are you using city water? Be conservative if so- The rule of thumb I was taught was to be 2-3 under what is actually available to make up for variances throught your city water. I would still recommend splitiing up that into 2 zones.

As for your valve box locations- Your going to create a maze up by the corner of the house. I would continue your main off the first box and run it a little deeper all the way to the right corner of your patio to searve that half of the property. If your confused, email me your visio file and I will detail it.

Paul: ppchaves@cox.net

rain man

Tuesday, March 2nd 2004, 3:23pm

Were you able to do that design in Standard 2003 Microsoft Visio or is there another version for irrigation?

skamp

Tuesday, March 2nd 2004, 3:53pm

Yes I did it all in Vision 2003 Pro. The one thing that is nice is the circle and rectangular heads have custom properties so you can change the coverage (90,180,etc). You can even edit the master so you can make custom angles (200,45,etc). One thing that helped me is I used the layer function so you can overlay the sprinkler design, zone design and pipe layout. I hope this helps.

Steve

drpete3

Supreme Member

Wednesday, March 3rd 2004, 8:11am

What is visio and where do you get it?
Thanks,

Pete

Rate this thread