You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

TX_Dave

Starting Member

Sunday, June 25th 2017, 7:43am

One zone non-functional

Was starting to tune up the sprinklers and noticed that one zone is not working. I worked before I replaced a head that was having issues.
Turn on the zone at the controller and go to the valve and I "hear" water.
Turn off the zone, go to the valve and hear nothing. Turn the solenoid on the top counter clockwise and I "hear" water.
Remove the internals of the replaced sprinkler head (did I get debris in the in the line that is clogging ALL the heads. Repeat the solenoid and still don't get water though I hear it.
Am I just down to trying to replace the diaphragm? Is there anyway to troubleshoot that further without disassembling the valve? It is deep and not going to be a fun job.
Thanks in advance!

mrfixit

Sunday, June 25th 2017, 1:32pm

You say the valve is super deep in the ground. There could easily be a break in the pipe deep in the ground not showing itself.

Is there a hose bib you can attach a pressure gauge to? Test the pressure then turn on the valve. Does the pressure drop a lot or just a tiny bit or nothing? You could compare it to a valve with a similar amount of heads on it to get the basic idea of how much it's supposed to drop. If it drops it's a pipe. Little to no drop it's the valve.

What model valve is it? Maybe you could post a pic of it. www.tinypic.com Cut n paste the "forum" code.

Just because you can hear water doesn't mean the valve is opening. It could very well be the diaphragm or a clogged port or something else. Different models have different idyosyncrasies.

Rate this thread