You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Cyberrose

Starting Member

Sunday, March 21st 2004, 7:25am

Sprinkler Pump Short Circuit

Hi, I am basically new to the forum writing so please bear with me. After 5 years, my sprinkler system kept stopping when I would turn it on. I had someone come out and they told me I needed a new pump (Yeah Right. Well after the new pump was installed, the same symptoms existed. I would turn on the pump and it would run for 5, 10, 15 seconds then shut down. I have diconnected the timer, the filter system (for rust), and hard wired the pump to the circuit breaker box. It does not trip the circuit breaker, but it still stops running. I have checked the connections to the electrical box (it is connected to 2-25 amp circuit breakers), and it seems good. I checked the pump, it is wired correctly, I am really buffled by all of this. Any suggestions? Thanks.

RVLI

Supreme Member

Tuesday, March 23rd 2004, 1:30pm

Pressure regulator possibly?

drpete3

Supreme Member

Thursday, March 25th 2004, 7:59am

I would call the place where you purchased the pump from and ask them.
Thanks,

Pete

Rate this thread