You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

mike d.

Starting Member

Friday, April 30th 2004, 4:58pm

Rainbird Pop-a-way relacement

I have a couple of broken Pop-a-way rainbirds that need replacing. I've been at this residence only a couple of years, so don't know the sprinker system histery. I've gathered (but not sure) that pop-a-way rotors are no longer available... Is the Maxi-Paw an acceptable substitute? I'm assume I'll find common PSI / range specs between the two. What about replcement covers?

Thanks for the help!!

Mike

RVLI

Supreme Member

Friday, April 30th 2004, 7:28pm

Maxi-Paw's should work. Better yet I'd suggest that you convert all your impact heads to newer rotors.

Squidward

Saturday, May 15th 2004, 4:12pm

Can you give me more details about changing over from the impact-type Rainbirds to rotors. I've been in this house 3 years and know the system has numerous non-working heads along with some tilted heads. I also have to replace about 80' of hose and 5 heads that were dug up for utility work. I may be replacing a valve attached to the vacuum breaker.

The sprinklers are apparently all Rain Bird Model No. 15103.

I'm wondering what would make the best substitute, particularly in terms of ease of replacement and economy. Please use specific brand and model or part numbers. There are so many different styles, and the terminology is kind of confusing. I have 5 zones and about 24 heads total to replace. Many thanks.

-Squidward

RVLI

Supreme Member

Wednesday, June 9th 2004, 2:40pm

I would replace it with a Hunter PGP or Rainbird 5000 series, or if you have 1/2" outlets, Rainbird 3500 series or the NEW Hunter PGJ

radical

Tuesday, June 15th 2004, 6:29pm

I recommend the Rainbird R-50 Rotor with Raincurtain Nozzle or the Rainbird 5000 Rotor.
Richard Kersten

S&R Sprinkler Systems and Landscaping, Inc.
Destin, Florida

Rate this thread