You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

aquamatic

Advanced Member

Monday, November 24th 2003, 2:45am

PSI/FLow Gauges: TORO v. Sentry Flow Meter

I have gone through 2 Toro pressure gauges in the past 6 months. I have heard that they are junk and have learned the lesson myself. Either the gauge gets stuck or in my last case the casted gate valve cracked open.

I was told about the Sentry Flow Gauges that are a bit costly.

Can someone give me some feedback on what they are using the measure flow and static pressure when designing a system

Rays Sprinklers

Supreme Member

Monday, November 24th 2003, 12:50pm

i dont use the meters, because all around here we have basically the exact same pressuer at every house that differs with about 2 GPM and about 10 PSI so it really doesnt matter when designing. The Sentry Flow gauges are way better and if you are going to be installing systems quite a bit and need testing then that would be the one to go with.
Thanks
Ray
Rays Above and Beyond Automatic Lawn Sprinklers

BIGC

Sunday, January 4th 2004, 10:26pm

and where might I purchase a sentry flow meter? I can't seem to find one listed on the net.

Rays Sprinklers

Supreme Member

Friday, January 16th 2004, 6:33am

im not really sure.....if there arent any on sprinker warehouse you can check some local irrigation distributers......
Thanks
Ray
Rays Above and Beyond Automatic Lawn Sprinklers

aquamatic

Advanced Member

Tuesday, January 27th 2004, 10:16am

I picked up my sSnetry from my local John Deere Landscapes distributor.
or you can order from http://www.haydenmfg.com

BIGC

Sunday, May 16th 2004, 9:50am

Thank you for the information

Rate this thread