You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

HooKooDooKu

Supreme Member

Monday, May 17th 2004, 6:58am

007 Test Cocks

I recently purchased a Watts 007 Double Checkvalue assembly. All indications are that it's new in the box (i.e. no evidence that box was previously open. But I notice that the screws on the test cocks are not all turned the same way. I would have assumed that all the test cocks would be closed comming from the factory and to be closed, all the screws would be perpendicular to the test cocks.

Most of the test cocks appear to be closed, but the one at the highest point appears to be open. I have not installed the unit yet, but I was hoping someone could tell me how the test cocks should be after I install it and initially try to push water through it.

aquamatic

Advanced Member

Monday, May 17th 2004, 7:47am

They test these devices before boxing and I know that the checking procedure involves opening and closing those valves with testing devices. Does it have a "Tested" tag hanging on it??

HooKooDooKu

Supreme Member

Tuesday, May 18th 2004, 5:47am

Yes, it has a tag of some sort hanging on it that I believe listed a tester (I'm not at home to see exactly what the tag says).

I'm ASSUMING that all the test cocks should be closed (perpendicular to the test cock) but I could see where a tester "forgot" to close the last one that he tested.

So once again (and perhaps more specifically) should the slots for ALL test cocks be oriented perpendicularly to the test cocks for normal operation. I'm sure I'll found out the first time I put water pressure on the device and water comes spewing out the test cock, but I figured I'm try to ask before I even bother.

aquamatic

Advanced Member

Tuesday, May 18th 2004, 10:37am

The screw slot will run in oppisite direction of the flow. If you look inside you will see the small ball open and close. Remove the plastics cap if you need to

Rate this thread