You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

NRLP

Wednesday, December 3rd 2003, 10:06am

Sprinkler head won't rotate automatically

Hi,

I just have had one of my sprinkler heads stop rotating back and forth in the 180 degree arc that it used to. When the sprinkler comes on, all the other heads do their sweeps according to their angle settings. This one pops up and sprays fine but does not sweep back and forth. When the sprinkler shuts off, it retracts ok. I can turn the top part by hand when it is popped up and point it in any direction as it sprays. The sprinkler head brand is K Rain. Any suggestions?

RVLI

Supreme Member

Thursday, December 4th 2003, 3:58pm

My suggestion would to be just to replace the head. The internal gears, ect. are most likely worn out. Replacements for heads are simple. If you need help, let us know!

NRLP

Thursday, December 4th 2003, 8:54pm

Thanx for the reply RVLI,
The sprinkler head that is broken is a K Rain brand as are most of my other sprinkler heads. Is there any reason to switch brands at this time or are K Rain heads just as good as any? I have owned this preinstalled system for about two months and I don't know the history of these sprinkler heads performance, number of times they were replaced etc.

RVLI

Supreme Member

Sunday, December 7th 2003, 2:55pm

If all the other ones are working and in good order, I would say just replace the one with another k-rain.

drpete3

Supreme Member

Monday, December 8th 2003, 6:02am

My system is 80 percent k rain and they work very well. Now I cant find k rain and when I added this past summer I went to Hunter pgp because of reputation and they match K rain pretty well.

I had the same problem with a rotor and I removed it from the casing and removed the nozzle then sprayed water down through the nozzle and a bunch of sand came out and it worked fine.
Thanks,

Pete

Rate this thread