You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

waketige25

Saturday, June 26th 2004, 2:40pm

Attaching pvc to pex

I have dug out down to my service line, and I am ready to put my tee on. My house is supplied by a 3/4 pex (aquapex??, milky-clear flexible pipe), and I would like to attach a 'T' into it and run 1" schedule 40 pvc piping to my system. How do you do that and what different connections do you need? I am going to cut in between the meter and the house shut off. I have asked my local hardware stores, and they did not know.

Thanks, Dylan

RVLI

Supreme Member

Thursday, July 1st 2004, 8:19am

If the house shut off is after the meter, I wouldn't tap in there. You won't be able to shut the house water off while your tapping into the line, much less you'll have a wet mess, that you won't be able to shut off.

As far as connections go, a compression tee works for PEX.

HooKooDooKu

Supreme Member

Thursday, July 1st 2004, 9:24am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">If the house shut off is after the meter, I wouldn't tap in there. You won't be able to shut the house water off while your tapping into the line, much less you'll have a wet mess, that you won't be able to shut off.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Not a problem if the meter itself has a shutoff.

waketige25

Thursday, July 1st 2004, 8:32pm

Thanks it got it all done, and I am ready to test the system tomarrow. Thanks for all the advice.

Rate this thread