You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

bhuggs

Tuesday, July 13th 2004, 10:33pm

Sprinlers leak when valves are off

This is my first time installing an irrigation system and this system is becoming my "white whale".I have installed three new Hunter ASV valves. The sprinklers work fine but the bottom two sprinklers in two different zones are leaking. I am not on a hill but I do have a slight decline and those two sprinklers are at the decline. People have told me to check my solenoids, the bleeds and the diaphrams of the valves and they all seem to be working. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

RVLI

Supreme Member

Wednesday, July 14th 2004, 5:25pm

Are the solenoids and bleeds tight? It is probably because of the sligh slope. Water flows from high areas to low areas. I would replace those two heads with heads with check valves in them, such as the Rainbird 5000 plus.

bhuggs

Thursday, July 15th 2004, 3:44pm

Thank you I will replace my rotor with the Rainbird 5000. Does Hunter sell check valves in their rotors? Do Pop-up sprinklers have check valves? One of the sprinklers in a Hunter PGP rotor sprinkler and the other is a Hunter SRS Pop-up sprinkler.

aquamatic

Advanced Member

Friday, July 16th 2004, 5:14am

You can get check valves that you can install on your PGP heads. They cost a couple of bucks the most. The Hunter i-20's have built in check valves as for sprays Hunter also makes the Pro Spray and Institution spray heads with checks.

Rate this thread