You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

permagreen

Starting Member

Thursday, September 23rd 2004, 8:55am

Geyser Prevention

I am a homeowner with little background in irrigation or landscaping but with a strong desire to make my lawn the envy of the neighborhood. I am looking for some advice regarding a problem that I am having.
I have a large plot of turfgrass to the side of my house in which my kids love to play on. The problem is that they are constantly kicking off my sprinklerheads, which results in wasted water, erosion, and an expensive water bill. Are there any devices that I can put into my line or sprinklerhead that can prevent this water-flow problem once a head is broken? Or is there a sprinklerhead that is strong enough to withstand the wear and tear of a 10 year old?
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

SprinklerGuy

Supreme Member

Friday, September 24th 2004, 6:43pm

The sprinklers should be below grade to begin with...there used to be something that would reduce the amount of water that came out...but I don't think they are around anymore....

If the sprinklers are above grade..you could lower them and it will prevent most of these types of problems.
Sprinkler Solutions, Inc.
Arizona and Colorado
www.sprinklersolutions.net

Sunday, October 17th 2004, 12:42pm

I ran across a product called Vertical Stop at a trade show in Phoenix last year I think there website was www.verticalstop.com. The product stops the flow of water when there is a increase in preassure at the head. I have installed a few of there systems and they work wonderful. Hope this helps.

Also if your sprinklers are sticking up above ground then thats not a proper way to operate them.

Sunday, October 17th 2004, 12:46pm

I ran across a product called Vertical Stop at a trade show in Phoenix last year I think there website was verticalstop.com or www.watersav.com. The product stops the flow of water when there is a increase in preassure at the head. I have installed a few of there systems and they work wonderful. Hope this helps.

Also if your sprinklers are sticking up above ground then thats not a proper way to operate them.

nestors

Advanced Member

Sunday, October 31st 2004, 2:06pm

Yes Hunter makes a over usage shut off flow device ,it has to be wired to the clock .

Nestor's Sprinklers
Georgia
Vincent Nestor
Nestor's Sprinklers & Lighting
Alpharetta,Ga.30022

vpn1@bellsouth.net

www.NestorsLandScape.com
www.GeorgiaLighting.net

Rate this thread