You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

sktracy

Starting Member

Tuesday, October 19th 2004, 12:34pm

professional or do-it-myself?

Hi.

I'm building a new house and have the option to have a sprinkler system professionally installed for $3200. This is for a 70 x 105 lot.

I'm wondering if I should tackle this myself? Any advice?

The quote I received includes 7 valves, 26 PGP heads, and 10 PROS-12 spray heads. Looks like mostly Hunter equipment.

Thanks!
Steve

HooKooDooKu

Supreme Member

Thursday, October 21st 2004, 11:25am

Let the Professional do it.

There will be so many other projects you'll have with a new house that you won't have time to do it your self. And I wouldn't dare install it myself until I took ownership of the house (i.e. if the builder currently owns the lot, then you're setting yourself up for troubles if you install this system on "his" property and then something goes wrong that you are unable to close on the house).

Again, IF you have lots of time on your hand, your other option would be to wait and install it yourself next year when that initial set of projects that come up from moving into a new house are complete.
Unless you already own the property and have lots of time on your hands (first, time to research to learn how to do it "right" and second, time to do the installation your self and can get it installed before they finish the lawn AND before you move in, then

aquamatic

Advanced Member

Wednesday, October 27th 2004, 3:56am

Is the developer ging you the option? If so I would recommend you get some bids yourself from contractors that you might know other people may have had great luck with. Based on the price. It is pretty good for a total of 38 heads

Rate this thread