You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Keokolo

Saturday, February 14th 2004, 8:01pm

Overspraying nozzles

frist I would like to say ****o everyon. Now can I change the sprinkler nozzles or adjust them to spray not as far. Sprinklers are watering not only the new grass but also the dirt. Or should I say water pressure is too much. Help anyone[?]

paterjb

Sunday, February 15th 2004, 1:52pm

First of all, are these rotors or sprays? What type?
Sprays come in fixed arcs with fixed or adjustable patterns.
Often,rotors have adjustable arcs and patterns.

Keokolo

Monday, February 16th 2004, 6:08am

****o paterjb, if I understand you I think they are sprayers. They pop up

paterjb

Monday, February 16th 2004, 6:59am

Do they pop up then rotate or remain stationary? What brand is stamped on the top of the nozzle?

Tom

Supreme Member

Monday, February 16th 2004, 8:56am

If the are spray heads, you can simply turn the small adjustment screw on top to decrease the distance.

However, its rare that this adjustment will satisfy. You are much better off replacing the nozzle. Most heads have nozzles that come in 15, 12, 10, and 8 foot distances.

Keokolo

Monday, February 16th 2004, 2:48pm

Thanks for the replies Paterib and Tom.
They pop up, and I will check on the brand. The distance I need is less then 4 ft.

drpete3

Supreme Member

Wednesday, February 18th 2004, 2:51am

Hunter makes a short radius spray head and a lot of spray nozles are interchangable as well as they are cheap.
Thanks,

Pete

mrwettech

Advanced Member

Wednesday, February 18th 2004, 3:02pm

SST nozzles may be the answer to your situation. They spray 4ft out and depending on the size 9 to 15ft along the strip.

Keokolo

Thursday, February 19th 2004, 10:16am

Thanks again,
Okay I check and they are Toro 570 series pop up's. Can I use Hunter or SSt on the Toro?

drpete3

Supreme Member

Monday, February 23rd 2004, 4:04am

I tyhink the answer is no. I am 95% sure that the threads are opposite between brands but I bet toro makes the same type of products. Check sprinkler warehouse or even your local home depot.
Thanks,

Pete

Rate this thread