You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

largereach

Starting Member

Saturday, January 15th 2005, 6:55am

Pump start relay clicking but no water

I installed a new system (pump start relay,controller,valves and valve wiring) which has a water supply from the back yard canal.It was working fine ,but now I can't get any of the zones to come on manually or automatically.When trying to operate zones individually (controller manual mode)I hear the pump start relay click but none of the zones will come on.I replaced both the pump start relay and controller.I also tested the pump by disabling the Pump Start Relay and controller and opening individual valves manually -the pump worked fine and water flowed well through each valve.Thinking I may have had a ground wire problem,I ran a ground wire directly from the controller to a valve-still no go.My last resort (as I see it) it to replace the whole wiring harness from the controller to the valves.I'd like to avoid that if it's not the problem.Anyone have any idea what's going on with my system?

RVLI

Supreme Member

Sunday, January 16th 2005, 3:45pm

Hmm,

Lets start off with the simple things:

Are all your wires connected proprly to the controller/valves?

If it's more then one valve like you are talking about, you more then likely have a spilt wire or your common (ground) wire isn't correct.

Let me know what you find out!!!

nestors

Advanced Member

Thursday, April 7th 2005, 8:29am

your clock might not be sending out the power through the master output.
Vincent Nestor
Nestor's Sprinklers & Lighting
Alpharetta,Ga.30022

vpn1@bellsouth.net

www.NestorsLandScape.com
www.GeorgiaLighting.net

Rate this thread