You are not logged in.

JadedMarxist

Wednesday, May 1st 2019, 7:09pm

Hello all. Question about rainsensors

Hello all. I'm new to the forums. Been in the irrigation field now about 10 years with a 10 year hiatus after 9. Anyways I've looked for an answer and can't find any info at all on this. Today I was starting up a system and tested the rs, it's a wireless hunter rain click. The reciever is wired to a hunter src + controller. Now the rs will not stop the program when its running, but the battery in the sensor shows its fine, the reciever shows communication. Double checked the wiring and still the rs won't interrupt the program. So my company only uses rain bird so I tried installing a wr2 sensor. Same result. Now my questions are could the mother board in the controller have a short? And is the raindird wr2 even compattable with the hunter src+ controller? I don't want to quote a new controller if I don't have to but due to the process of elimination the controller is the culprit.
Certified tech, and wisp. Servicing multi million dollar portfolio

mrfixit

Wednesday, May 1st 2019, 8:16pm

It doesn't have to interrupt the programming. It just disconnects the common wire so the running program doesn't activate the valves. Read page 2.

I'd venture to say that the original sensor is bad. Maybe reset the SRC.

JadedMarxist

Wednesday, May 1st 2019, 8:26pm

I get how it works. But should the rainbird rs not work with the hunter controller? There's a small chance the wr2 could be defective out of the box but I'd think unlikely. (mind you rainbird quality control seems kindaweak from what I can rememberfrom10yearsago) resetting the controller was one of the first things I tried. Maybe I could try to sell them monitoring also with anew lxc controller?Thanks appreciate the reply and I'll def read page 2. Even tho I read every page multiple times today. I'm not sure how old the src+ controller is but I've hooked up a wr2 to a hunter cpro no problem. Could anyone possibly point me to a wiring schematic for the src + mother board I really hate to be guessing even tho the rs checked out.
Certified tech, and wisp. Servicing multi million dollar portfolio

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "JadedMarxist" (May 1st 2019, 8:33pm)

mrfixit

Thursday, May 2nd 2019, 3:46am

I've been answering specific questions lately I usually don't. I live in So. Cal where I rarely see rain sensors. In 25 years I've installed 5. That's a total of 2 customers that wanted them. I've seen 3 or 4 already installed. I should have skipped this one.

With that said, Is there supposed to be a jumper pin installed? I was going under the assumption that the old Hunter sensor was bad because the battery only last a few years and I assumed the new one wasn't compatible via the sen terminal because it's a different brand.

The controller is old so maybe it's time for a new one. Or since it's working just hook the new sensor up like it shows on page 2.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, May 2nd 2019, 5:50am

The SRC controller does not have the pair of sensor connection points that is on their newer models. Note that it also has no separate bypass switch. Your rain sensor will only interrupt the common wire connection, and not otherwise communicate with the SRC.