You are not logged in.

drguitar

Starting Member

Tuesday, May 21st 2019, 12:43pm

PVC dirty on inside

Picked up some 3/4 inch pvc from home depot, realized the inside is dirty as far as I can see down pipe. Outside seems to have some kind of dirty solution splashed on it too. It doesn't seem to wash off with water. I already installed several of these pipes. It is for sprinkler/drip irrigation...should I be worried? Is there a way to flush it out/clean it? Does anyone ever experience this?

mrfixit

Wednesday, May 22nd 2019, 12:33am

I wouldn't worry much about it if there isn't any grit. You should be able to just flush it out if there is. I had an engineer one time tell me that he knows more about sprinklers than me and they tried to flush out a 6 inch pipe but couldn't get it totally clean. He was comparing that to a 1" pipe. I'm like, why did you call me if you know more than me. < Thinking to self. He never saw me again.

You should be using primer and glue. The primer will clean the outside of the pipe before gluing.

Just figure the best way to flush it and go for it. There probably wont be a problem even if you don't bother with it.

Rate this thread