You are not logged in.

Waterdog

Starting Member

Monday, May 18th 2020, 1:07pm

Choosing valve for drip system

Hey gang, I'm looking at rebuilding my sprinkler system in the backyard, fortunately front still is good. One thing I'm hoping to add to the mix is a drip system. I'll still have two zones covering the grass but we're adding areas for bushes and flowers that I'd like to add to the system. I'm looking to possibly have 3 areas working off a drip system. From what I understand, I can possibly run it all off one zone depending on how many ports I have on the line. I'm looking to rebuild my system from the manifold out for the backyard.

So with that, I'm replacing valves for the two grass zones. What do I look at for drip system, whether I do one zone or two? Do I get the standard valves like I would for those used with grassy areas or is there something special for drip lines? And then from there, what do I run to the different areas? Do I run the standard black flex tubing like a regular zone? I'm getting that you run tubing through gardening/planter areas on the surface and insert the ports by the plants. But I'm not understanding what the line would look like between those areas? Flex tubing underground with a T fitting for each area to connect to the tubing on the surface in the watering areas?

Appreciate the advice. I've done basic rebuilds before so I get some of the basics there but never done a drip system before. Thanks guys!

Rate this thread