You are not logged in.

Tuesday, June 16th 2020, 1:13pm

BackFlow Preventer Issue

Need some insight from the experts. My system has an issue that I need to get solved so I can enjoy and trust my system more.

First off let me explain my path. My well generates 60psi, and delivers about 25gpm, using a Grunfos Continuous Pressure system. My feed comes off the well manifold at 1.25" then transitions up to 1.5" before it hits the PVB. (probably a dumb decision, but the 1.5" was to reuse a vacated hole in the side of my house). It stays at 1.5" until it reaches my two valve manifolds, adds up to about 50ft of pipe. The valves transition it down to 1" heading to the rotors.

My problem - when the controller triggers a valve to open, there is a dramatic pressure loss because a Grundfos system only has a two gallon reservoir. When this pressure loss happens, the PBV starts dumping water from under the bell. Sometimes it recovers on it's own, other times is takes manual intervention. Hence the lost trust, and the main reason I don't run my system when I am not awake and can monitor it.

My question. Would switching to a 1" RPZ mitigate this issue?

Thanks for any suggestions sent my way.

-Joel

Rate this thread