You are not logged in.

Monday, January 4th 2021, 9:58am

Identical Zones different Pressure

I installed the system 10+ years with orbit valves(parts no longer available). So I decides to redo manifold Jan 2021. I have a six zone system (DV100 Rainbird Manifold valves). Zone 5 & 6 are exact mirror image duplicates. 6 K Rain Rotor heads with 2.5 GPM nozzles on each zone. Zone 5 runs at 48-50 psi. Zone 6 runs at 30 to 35PSI. Water source is 1 hp Shallow well pump 28 gallons per minute. There are no leaks in any of the zones. This one has be scratching my head. ---JOHN JAX FL

mrfixit

Monday, January 4th 2021, 10:54am

Try switching the zones so that number 6 is now number 5 and visa versa. Do you get the same results? Meaning is the new number 5 still lower in pressure or did it stay at the new 6? I even confused myself with that one. lol Just switch the wires around and see what happens.

Wednesday, January 6th 2021, 9:34am

IDENTICAL ZONES DIFFERENT PRESSURE

Yes sir thank you for that advise. I have switched zones on clock and solenoids. I was very careful when connecting the manifold to make sure no debris was present. I will however go head by head (6) and clear same. Any other suggestions?

mrfixit

Wednesday, January 6th 2021, 9:28pm

Rainbird makes a low flow valve that could be mistaken for a DV100. DV100
Low Flow Valve. If you take the bonnet off of a low flow valve, the difference on the inside will be dramatic.
It's a long shot but who knows. Ignore the solenoid in the pic.
If your valves have flow controls, Try adjusting the low pressure one counter clockwise.

Rate this thread