You are not logged in.

Monday, March 8th 2021, 2:37pm

Adjustment Sequence

In a system with anti-siphon valves with flow control, and pop up heads with adjustable nozzles, what is the correct sequence for making adjustments? In other words, flow controls open all the way then adjust the nozzle radius, or adjust nozzle first with flow control lowered, etc. I opened the flow control on the valve all the way, but got a lot of misting, so I throttled it down at the pop up nozzle. Seemed to work, but wondering if I should have lowered the flow control. Please steer me in the right direction to do this properly. Thanks.

mrfixit

Monday, March 8th 2021, 4:19pm

Misting means that there's too much pressure. You have to be careful to not turn the flow controls down too low because the valve wont function properly. You can turn it down until you hear the valve complaining then back it off a bit.

You can either install a pressure regulator or pressure compensating sprinkler heads if the misting is an ongoing problem. But turning down the flow control might work as long as it's not impeding the valve from coming on when first activated.

But to answer your question. Adjust the valve then the nozzles.

Monday, March 8th 2021, 4:47pm

OK, so you say adjust valve first then nozzles... Can you explain that for me a little more. Adjust the valve just enough to not mist, or what??? Then adjust the nozzles, but can that then affect the valve adjustment? Still a little bit confused. Thanks.

Rate this thread