You are not logged in.

abc1971

Sunday, July 24th 2022, 6:29am

How to set up a two day on one day off schedule on my Orbit Sprinkler timer for my trees.

Hello, all.

I'm new here and am in need of learning how to set up my sprinkler system to to water my trees two days on and one day off and have it run this way indefinitely. I spoke with a horticulturalist in my area who recommends this schedule and I trust his advice. I just downgraded from the WiFi enabled Orbit B Hyve timer because it was extremely unreliable and almost killed my trees due to it it not working as it should. I now have the Orbit Sprinkler timer model 57896. I had it before and never had issues with it not working. I should never have changed things up.

My confusion is with setting up the two days on and one day off. I know how to set the timer for watering ever second or third day but how do I set up the schedule I want. Can someone provide me to a link with step by step instructions? I am good at following instructions, I just can't find any to create my specific schedule.

mrfixit

Sunday, July 24th 2022, 5:11pm

I misread what you said so I deleted the drivel.
Are you wanting to run it for 48 hrs on then 24 hrs off?
Or is it less time per day?

abc1971

Sunday, July 24th 2022, 7:57pm

I misread what you said so I deleted the drivel.
Are you wanting to run it for 48 hrs on then 24 hrs off?
Or is it less time per day?
I want my irrigation drippers to run 30 minutes on day one and day two at say 5am (5am to 5:30am). And then on day three I don't want them to run at all. So say, Monday and Tuesday of this week the drippers run for thirty minutes at 5am. Wednesday the drippers don't work at all. Thursday and Friday the drippers work again for 30 minutes starting at 5am. Then Saturday no water. Then Sunday and Monday the drippers turn on for thirty minutes at 5am. Tuesday, no water. Wednesday and Thursday irrigation turns on for 30 minutes at 5am, etc.

As you can see, with this schedule the days of the week will not be the same because of the three day cycle I want to program for my trees.

I know how to use the interval feature to make the irrigation turn on every two or three days. But I don't know how to program it to run two days on and one day off and repeat indefinitely.

If possible I'd really appreciate step by step instructions. I know how to follow instructions well. I just can't find the information anywhere.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "abc1971" (Jul 24th 2022, 8:06pm)

mrfixit

Monday, July 25th 2022, 12:30am

If you could find a controller that can be programmed to a 28 day or 4 week schedule, then you'll be able to do it.
The Orbit doesn't have the capability to do what you've asked.
You could water 2 on 1 off 2 on 2 off.
Hunter Industries has a wide variety of controllers to choose from. I've asked them. Now we wait for their answer.
Maybe another reader will know of a controller.

abc1971

Monday, July 25th 2022, 7:10pm

My horticulturist suggested I stay away from Hunter products.

I am going to return my Orbit Sprinklers. I can never get a hold of someone via customer support and this thread isn't taking off.

I just purchased a RainBird sprinkler and am going to see if this will work for my needs. First thing I did was call customer support to see if I could more readily get a hold of someone. I was able to speak to someone in minutes and was sent a PDF file with instructions on how to set a schedule for my specific needs.

I'll post back here with an update.

Rate this thread