You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.


New Member


Wednesday, September 21st 2022, 11:27am

Hunter Pro-C Residential Controller

Not sure what is going on. Suddenly, all 15 zones stopped working.

Metered the in-coming voltage - 28.9
Metered the voltage on each zone - each zone ranged from 25.6 - 25.8
Metered the ohms on each valve- all good.
Tried re-setting the controller. No luck.

Checked to make sure the water was turned on at the DC. It is..

What am I missing? ?(




Posts: 2,657

Location: USA


Thursday, September 22nd 2022, 12:02am

Is there a rain sensor or something installed?
Go out to the valves and see if there's water and power there. One of the two isn't working.
DC? What's a DC?
Is there a master valve? See if there's water n power there if so.


New Member


Thursday, September 22nd 2022, 11:17am

Hunter Pro-C Residential Controller

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, there is a rain sensor. I did check the sensor and made sure the
controller was in by-pass so it would not interfere with the controller's
normal operation. That did not help.

DC...sorry I meant DCA..double check assembly.

Yes, there is a master valve. After I wrote this post yesterday, I started
wondering if it was possible the "SET PUMP/MASTER VALVE OPERATION"
settings for each valve may have somehow been compromised. I will check that
later today.


New Member


Thursday, September 29th 2022, 5:38am

Hunter Pro-C Residential Controller

Yesterday, I finally had a chance to spend some time on this. Once I determined everything seemed ok on the controller side, I went and located the master valve. I manually ran several of the zones with the master valve open and everything worked fine. I metered the solenoid on the master valve and got the same reading I was getting at the controller.
Based on all of this, my gut was telling me it was something in the valve itself not working properly. I took the valve apart, cleaned it thoroughly and replaced the diaphragm, spring and solenoid. Put it back together and system works perfectly. Thank you for your help!

Similar threads

Rate this thread