You are not logged in.

AZDAN

Starting Member

Monday, September 26th 2022, 9:06pm

Older Rainbird Valve Help

Need to repair this gusher. I cannot find any replacement parts, so I am looking for alternatives to repair.

mrfixit

Monday, September 26th 2022, 10:23pm

You might find some old stock on Ebay. But nobody sells that anymore
I do have a solution for you though.
The Irritrol 300 will screw right on there. I've done it a few times. The 300 is much wider so you need to make sure there's space to screw it on. From the looks of your picture, I believe that you shouldn't have a problem
Make sure you get the 1"
The price that Site-One charges home owners is outrageous. I pay hmm 35 at Ewing. Find a sprinkler supply store. Ewing, John Deere, Site-One.
One more thing. See that yellow plastic thing at the bottom that's cracked in half? There's the issue. Sometimes that yellow ring will stay in the valve body when you unscrew the actuator. So make sure in the future to get that ring out of there.
Good luck!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "mrfixit" (Sep 26th 2022, 10:31pm)

mrfixit

Tuesday, September 27th 2022, 11:10pm

Ok I'm back. They way your question is worded got me thinking.
Gusher?
Where is it gushing?
If it's coming out of the anti-syphon cap, then those are the parts that need repair as well.
That plastic ring that's cracked? It might not have been cracked before you unscrewed it.
I've seen them crack on more than one occasion just from unscrewing it.
Anywho. I don't know if the cap from the Irritrol 311-A will fit. But it just might. Plus look at the price. You get the adapter and the cap.
The 311-A .75 which is 3/4" is just a tad cheaper. Unscrew the adapter from that. It's a 1" adapter. The whole valve is cheaper than the adapter. I knew that, it just didn't occur to me.