You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

avu3

Sunday, July 3rd 2005, 2:36pm

Controller programming error - Hardie 6100

Howdy,

I found one other reference to this system in a search, hopefully someone has a suggestion for me. I know Hardie is out of business.

I just purchased this house and the system supposedly worked when I bought it, but the power was off for a bit so the controller was erased. Its a Hardie 6100 with 4 stations.

When I power it up step 1 is to set the time. Instead of showing me the time that it is, or a flashing 12:00, the device shows me two numbers on opposit sides of the display which seem to be a run schedule (station # and run time) but adjusting that you can actually change the current time. No station activates when you power on.

I can't do any of the other setup steps - the dial to select what you are doing doesn't do what the function indicates. For example I can't set days or run schedules, I just keep getting that same display OR an on/off option. I tried turning everything to off in case one of the programs is running, but it doesn't seem to help.

I've inspected the wiring and manually actuated the valves and the system seems ok. I bought a new 9v battery and left the system without electrical power for more than the 10min recommended in the manul.

Is there anything else you'd suggest before I buy a new controller?

Thanks!
Scott

RidgeRun05

Supreme Member

Sunday, July 3rd 2005, 10:20pm

Yeah, there is one more thing you can do...toss that controller in the garbage, its shot. I would suggest either the Hunter SRC if you only have 4 stations, or a Rain Bird ESP series controller.
Tony Posey
Ridge Run Landscapes

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, July 4th 2005, 3:09am

If the old controller doesn't have a reset button, there isn't anything you can do besides power down and wait. (pull the backup battery out as well) - Strictly for cheap, from a good name, is Hunter's EC-400i controller.

avu3

Monday, July 4th 2005, 7:01am

Thanks. No reset button in it anywhere. Unplugged overnight, powered up, same thing. I'm off to the local hardware to find a replacement. I'll let you know how it goes and what I end up with.

Scott

avu3

Monday, July 4th 2005, 7:20pm

Thanks again for the info. All the local place had was a Orbit controller. I bought the cheapy ($20) 4 station model. It does every other day watering and allows different times for each zone/valve, so its good enough for me. It even supports a rain detector, if I want to add one.

I figured for $20, it was disposable if it didn't fix the problem, or if it wasn't adequate for the job. It fixed it, and it seems adequate.

Thanks again,
Scott

Rate this thread