You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Bill Bohm

Starting Member

Thursday, July 7th 2005, 11:11am

Battery Controller recommendation needed

I'm looking for a recommendation on a battery Controller and valve combination for the following senario:

- I have 3/4 pipe with about 70 PSI, so I need a 3/4 valve.
- I can only water Wed./Fri./Sun. per city restrictions, so the controller needs to have day of week settings
- The controller needs to be battery powered
- I would like to put 3 heads on this to water a 20x40 foot area, will one valve work? or do I need multiples due to the 70 PSI?

Any suggestions on controller/valves I should buy?

Thanks,
Bill

RidgeRun05

Supreme Member

Thursday, July 7th 2005, 6:00pm

Before looking into a controller, it sounds like you better pay a visit to www.irrigationtutorials.com - I think you need to do a little bit more homework before tackling this project yourself. Backflow preventor, wiring, all that good stuff. You also need to realize that 70 PSI through a 3/4" pipe is not the best idea. I would suggest at least 1" for your application. Check out that website, it is filled with excellent information for planning and installing a sprinkler system.
Tony Posey
Ridge Run Landscapes

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, July 8th 2005, 2:30am

Try to describe your scenario in more detail. With the appropriate nozzles, a 20x40 area could be watered by three Hunter PGP rotors, even with less pressure and a smaller supply pipe.

Just for the heck of it, I will assume you have an unelectrified outbuilding with a 3/4 inch waterline near this lawn area. For this, I could see a battery-operated antisyphon valve, put together from three separate items. First, the anti-syphon valve -
http://www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/detail.aspx?ID=132
Next, a battery-powered programmable valve actuator -
http://www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/detail.aspx?ID=900
The last piece is an adapter that allows the Nelson actuator to fit a Rainbird valve (Model 77468) - {no picture available}

Rate this thread