You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, August 14th 2005, 10:41am

I never had seal failures on Hunter PGPs less than 2 years old, so I can't relate return experiences on them for that reason. Non-rotating PGPs straight out of the box are an occasional happening, and are returnable without fuss. (as long as the returns are to the distributor I purchased from, I don't try it any other way)

Most product seems to make it through the warranty period, if it makes it through the install. I see sandy and gravelly soils wear away at Hunters more than some other heads, and more than heavier clay soils do, but it always seems to take years for that to happen.

One addendum to bobw's post above is that the Hunter warranty is for the original installer only, so that will limit who can show up at a distributors with a defective head and get a replacement.

RidgeRun05

Supreme Member

Sunday, August 14th 2005, 8:15pm

Alright. I think this needs to end right now. We've basically gone back and forth arguing a point to which there is no resolve. In my humble opinion, you need to suck up your loss in this situation, because fighting the fact is worth far more than two PGP heads. Reguardless of the fine print from both the dealer and Hunter, it seems as though they both already told you that you are out of luck. If you want to get your replacement parts online for the PGP, go here

http://www.sprinkler.com/go-hunter_rotor_parts-0-0.html

As for the I-20, you will probably need to just get a new head.
That answers your question. End of story.
Tony Posey
Ridge Run Landscapes

mburnickas

Monday, August 15th 2005, 6:10am

RidgeRun05,
I must make a correction here. First off they are both not PGP’s. They are 1 PGP and 1 I20. Yes, cheap in the long run. I saw those parts last week online when I was looking. There are other place/sites too. The kicker is they have parts for the cheaper PGP and not the I-20…go figure.

As far as what you stated, “….Hunter, it seems as though they both already told you that you are out of luck”. This part is incorrect as to what I posted above a few times. Hunter Inc (the manufacture) states they (Auth dealers) are to replace the heads to the installer (me) since they are under trade warranty on the heads and I am the original installer. That I have in print, several times.

It is a closed story on here since no one can supply the correct answers. I do thank everyone for there opinions, but I want facts.

But I am going to stop down (while on my way somewhere else to order some loam) yet again with printed emails from Hunter and let them deal with it. I am going to call hunter while there. Either they honor the trade warranty or not. It is as simple as yes or not. If not, show me where it states these guidelines via Hunter documentation.

It might be a very small issue and not worth the time for some, but give me closure since this will impact what heads I use, where I buy them or might sign up with other local dealers, warranty issues for the customer, price via “what I get” etc etc. It is not as simple as “just suck it up”….If they own dealers can’t figure this out from what hunter has outlined in print………...

Not starting a war, but this is flat out crazy.
Thanks
Mike
"Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue!"--Airplane

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, August 15th 2005, 7:08am

Do we have to end it now? If we kick it around long enough, we got a finalist for Stupid Thread of the Year!

mburnickas

Monday, August 15th 2005, 8:20am

Again wet boots, opinions are like _____ (fill in the black) :):):)

Again, post something this is of importance.

**Just some FYI here since I got an answer after stopping and ordering some top soil. I talked to the owner, since the clowns at the counter know zero, stated he can replace the heads, no big deal after I gave him the emails from Hunter in front of him. Go figure..

So you need to fight for a warranty issue....so sad.

Sure we toss it around for a “finalist for Stupid Thread of the Year” but what about few posters that are intergral to it! Even better. Maybe a ignoramus with the most posts in that very same thread.[:o)][;)]
Thanks
Mike

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, August 15th 2005, 9:25am

No one else had anything useful to contribute, because you had to haul your own water to get warranty returns. Twas always thus. How much more per head would you be willing to pay to not have to go through this song and dance? A more realistic thread would have been one post from the OP recounting his warranty adventures, from beginning to end. Followed by some various noises of a sympathetic nature by other members. Then we could all go back to bashing Toro.

mburnickas

Monday, August 15th 2005, 10:17am

The point was, if you did not get it, was that the dealers are playing a cat and mouse game. Again, some go the extra mile and some dealers can’t even spell dealer. Either follow the rules per Hunter or do not sell Hunter products. When Hunter themselves spell it out, even people with a GED can get it. Again, no wonder most local dealers do not make it. Time to wake up. If they have a Chap 11 sale, there closing sale is the normal price.

When online places are making money and cheap, go figure...when some dealers wholesales is very very low, go figure. That does not justify the huge markup nor the attitudes nor the games.

I would pay about 10% of my price on a PGP ($1 more) or 20% on a I-20 ($1.7 more). No more since my guy is pretty cheap, no attitude and works with you or anyone; or online places if I choose to. Anything more it is not worth the warranty here I personally think...aka a joke.

Example, if my guy went up to $20 per head and I select Sprinklerwarehouse at $9.95, the warranty is called a throw away head.

If you want to bash Toro go right ahead but post the facts and not opinions.
Thanks
Mike

RidgeRun05

Supreme Member

Monday, August 15th 2005, 4:54pm

apparently the beat goes on here...in case you didn't get it, we are done with this topic. D-O-N-E.
Tony Posey
Ridge Run Landscapes

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, August 16th 2005, 12:47am

- the horse was DOA, but we needed a second page to qualify for STOTY

mburnickas

Tuesday, August 16th 2005, 1:54am

[img]http://home.comcast.net/~94gsxr1100/dunno.gif [/img]

The thread has be high jacked by two…..

<h2>Please post knowledgeable and factual info not childish remarks. If I want people to ramble on and on without facts, I will go back to some Hunter Dealer or installers. </h2>
Thanks
Mike

Rate this thread