You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

mrfrisco

Tuesday, July 12th 2005, 11:28am

Disable Hunter PGP rotor??

I have couple of Hunter PGP rotors that I would like to disable (have no water flowing from them). They are located in the area where I keep my dog house and I would like for it to stay dry. I can compensate for the areas that it covers by adjusting some other heads. I recently ordered some supplies from Sprinkler Warehouse that included a set of nozzles, I was hoping there's was a nozzle that acted like a plug but no such luck. So is it possible to do this? I was thinking of placing a mortar block on top but I'm afraid this will damage it and/or not work. Any ideas appreciated.

Thanx

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, July 12th 2005, 2:34pm

Take a nozzle you won't be using, and fill it with silicone caulk. Works like a charm.

mrfrisco

Wednesday, July 13th 2005, 2:32am

Great idea! Thanx

toxin

Sunday, July 24th 2005, 6:33pm

<font face="Courier New"></font id="Courier New">And also that most obvious answer to the question(not that the caulk idea is bad...i like that one) get a rack of hunter "low angle" nozzle, there is a "P" nozzle on there. I just call it a dummy nozzle

Jazzer K

Friday, September 2nd 2005, 5:29pm

take out the head and put a threaded cap into the saddle !
Kasper's Landscape & Design Inc.

Rate this thread