You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

supra88

Monday, April 12th 2004, 2:03pm

Nelson?

I'm getting a system quoted and I requested that the installer put in Hunter/Rainbird equipment per all of the recommendations on this forum. He said that he only installs Nelson products. I'm having a hard time finding any reviews on Nelson. What's the scoop? Should I push for the Rainbird/Hunter equipment? Thanks!

Tom

Supreme Member

Monday, April 12th 2004, 3:05pm

**** yes, its your money.

supra88

Monday, April 12th 2004, 4:04pm

Any feedback on the quality of Nelson?

drpete3

Supreme Member

Tuesday, April 13th 2004, 7:39am

sorry never used it.
Thanks,

Pete

aquamatic

Advanced Member

Tuesday, April 13th 2004, 10:17am

WHere are you located? Look in the irrigation association contractor directory or locate a local supply house in your area that sells RB and Hunter and they should be able to locate the contractor. I wouldent push a contractor to sell you something else that he obviously is unfamiliar with or doesnt care to support.

If someone pushed me to install Nelson, Toro- I wouldnt take the job- You don't walk into a Ford dealership and ask for a Chevy!

supra88

Tuesday, April 13th 2004, 11:14am

Good point. I guess my question is, how does Nelson rate versus Rain Bird and Hunter? Is Nelson a crappy product?

BSME

Advanced Member

Tuesday, April 13th 2004, 7:55pm

I think the fact that a lot of contractors don't have a lot of experience with Nelson speaks for itself. Just my opinion.

sweptwing

Wednesday, April 27th 2005, 3:07pm

Love their rotor heads. They are by far the easiest to adjust and you can change both left and right stops just like the way the old impact sprinklers set. Just pop off the top and there you go. I have had two houses with nelson systems and had good luck. They also have a good warranty. 5yrs on everything but the controller which is 2. Good luck, shop around but don't be afraid of Nelson, they have a good product too and great product support should you need it. Another piece of advice is to go with a reputable contractor, ya know one that is going to show up to help should you have any issues down the road. In my opinion, that is what you are paying for too. Take care.

Jazzer K

Friday, September 2nd 2005, 5:49pm

go with the hunter you will be much happier in the long run. It is well worth the money, especially if you switch contractors. Because then they can replace heads with the same thing.
Kasper's Landscape & Design Inc.

Rate this thread