You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

jcruce13

Tuesday, October 11th 2005, 10:48am

Hunter PGJ or Spray Heads

I have been reading on this forum for the past two days and haven't found a really good comparison between the Hunter PGJ and a typical spray head for smaller confined spaces.

My problem is that I am redoing my sprinkler system in my back yard. The reason for the change is that we recently had a fence installed around my backyard which in order to not spray my fence I need to do a complete overhaul of my sprinkler system.

Special Caveats for my lawn is that the road actually goes around my house making my yardage into a penisula type of shape. With the road coming back around the tip of my front yard not pictured. The area I am concerned with is the 15' area on each side of the back yard between the fence and the road.

My Problem is that I need to put sprays or the PGJ in the area of 15' between the fence and the road on each side of my yard. Would I be better off going with Half Circle Sprays in this area or going with the PGJ's.

Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks
-John

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, October 11th 2005, 12:59pm

PGJ's are brand new this year, popup spray heads have been reliable for decades. Not a hard call at this point in time.

jcruce13

Tuesday, October 11th 2005, 10:31pm

I appreciate the reply... Im not that worried about the newness of the product because Hunter has a good name and makes a good rotor... But with that being said would like to know if anyone has used them yet and what they thought after a few months or just a few weeks of operation...

I totally like the idea of a mini rotor in place of the sprays... I have a few sprays in my yard now and its been difficult to eliminate overspray on my sidewalk and driveway... I can't allow this new zone to be spraying my new cedar fence and deteriorating(sp?) it.

I will go with sprays if noone has used the PGJ's just because I would rather deal with the overspray than a buggy rotor that requires constant attention to keep running.

Thanks
-John

Tom

Supreme Member

Thursday, October 13th 2005, 9:40am

a general rule of thumb:

use spray heads for areas up to 15'

use small rotors (hunter pgj or rainbird 3500's)for areas between 15' to 25'

use larger throw rotors (hunter pgp's, I-20's or Rainbird 5000's) for areas above 25'

jcruce13

Thursday, October 13th 2005, 11:40am

Thanks Tom... I'll go with Sprays...

Rate this thread