You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

bob3700

Starting Member

Friday, October 28th 2005, 6:08am

Winterization

Under Resources / Homeowners Guide to Winterization, it notes "If you would like to purchase a winterization kit, click here". I can't find any other mention of a winterization kit in Sprinkler Warehouse. What does the kit include? If it does not include a
compressor, what compressor do you recomment? Thanks, Bob

lush96

Advanced Member

Monday, March 20th 2006, 6:03pm

all you need is a compressor that puts out constant 100 psi air and thats it. there are no tricks to winterizing unless you have a double check valve that can freeze or a pump.

Tom

Supreme Member

Tuesday, March 21st 2006, 5:08am

100 psi is WAY to much pressure for blowing out a sprinkler system.
Set the psi regulator to 60 psi. The trick to blowing out sprinkler systems is low psi and high cfm. high psi generates heat that can melt the plastic gears inside a rotor head.

lush96- have you actually blown out sprinkler systems? which area of the country do you work in?

Tom

Supreme Member

Tuesday, March 21st 2006, 5:09am

lush96, i invited you to bring your wit and wisdom over to the irrigation forum at lawnsite.com. many of the guys over there could benefit from your expertise. i for one have become a much more intelligent person since having the luxury of your experience presented in a clear and concise manner.

lush96

Advanced Member

Tuesday, March 21st 2006, 10:50am

i work in NY and have been using 100 psi compressors for 15 years jerk.

Rate this thread