You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

adawg

Friday, May 14th 2004, 6:46am

Beginner with Backflow question

****o -

I have really begun investigating irrigation systems the last few weeks. The grass at our new home is no taking (rocky soil), so we are planning to till, sift and add topsoil. This seems like an ideal time to install a sprinkler system too.

I know that my Township requires that I have a pressure vaccuum Breaker for backflow. they suggested tge Watts 800 or Febco 765 models. However, every schematic I have seen for these and other models show the main pipe (pardon my oversimplification - the pipe leading to it from the main inside my basement)coming up to the PVB from through the house and up from underground. I have no way of doing this, since I have a cemement wall basement. Is it just as fine to take it up from just above grade to the required 12"? I am sure that is a dumb question, but one I cannot find the answer to. Also, I have a copper main, should I stick with copper until I get to the PVB, or can I switch over to PCV just on the other side of the meter like my internal water supply does?

Thanks in advance for any help!!

Adawg

adawg

Friday, May 14th 2004, 7:02am

Sorry, I should also add I am in Michigan if that makes any difference.

Thanks!

aquamatic

Advanced Member

Friday, May 14th 2004, 9:38am

STick to copper and yes you can come into the PVB from the bottom

Rate this thread