You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, April 22nd 2006, 9:25am

Weathermatic controller that won't turn off

I have a weathermatic controller and it now runs the system programs regardless of the fact that the valve power control is in the <b></b><b><b>off</b></b> position. It will run in automatic and manual mode in the off position. Is it time for a new controller and if so what recomendations can anyone make? I only have 6 zones and it is mounted indoors. I have replaced the pump starter solonoid.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, April 22nd 2006, 12:05pm

Reboot. Pull the plug, and remove any backup batteries.

Sunday, April 23rd 2006, 7:34am

I tried the reboot---even used the reset on the system--still the same. Any other ideas?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, April 23rd 2006, 7:57am

A new controller would be the simple way out. Diagnosing solid-state controller problems (beyond the obvious reboot/reset stuff) is a waste of time.

RidgeRun05

Supreme Member

Sunday, April 23rd 2006, 2:31pm

Your best bet is to replace the controller with a quality one. You will spend just as much fixing this one, as you would on a decent new one. Stick with a quality name brand.
Tony Posey
Ridge Run Landscapes

Monday, April 24th 2006, 1:21pm

Thanks for the advice. Just ordered a new Weathermatic WMPLUS6--hope this fixes the problem---I'm sure it will all other components are functioning correctly.

Rate this thread