You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

PatrickG

Starting Member

Wednesday, April 26th 2006, 7:06am

One zone out of twelve runs continuosly

I have a twelve zone Hunter system. Zone number two runs whenever another zone is running as well as when only zone two should be running. Where do I start trying to find out where my problem is? I do not have a good drawing that indicates where zone 2 is controlled at.

SprinklerGuy

Supreme Member

Thursday, April 27th 2006, 1:44am

I usually use the scientific approach to begin with: If the wires in the controller are different colors I would check to see which wire is used for zone 2...then look in the valve box for the same wire. If that doesn't work, turn the water off to the sprinklers, turn zone 2 on manually WITH the timer...wait 5 minutes...and feel for the hot buzzing solenoid.

Then you can rebuild (hopefully) that zone to fix your problem.

Good Luck
Sprinkler Solutions, Inc.
Arizona and Colorado
www.sprinklersolutions.net

Rate this thread