You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

skamp

Wednesday, March 3rd 2004, 8:29am

It is Microsoft Visio 2003 Pro (http://office.microsoft.com/home/office.aspx?assetid=FX01085798). I am pretty sure the earlier versions also allowed you to do irrigation design. I got it from work as I work for HP and we have a site license for all MS software.

Steve

aquamatic

Advanced Member

Wednesday, March 3rd 2004, 9:45am

I have an older 2000 standard edition that does irrigation. But by the sound of the Pro edition, it lets you customize certain custom radiuses instead of using what is speced.

Is this correct skamp?

skamp

Wednesday, March 3rd 2004, 10:09am

Well the radius should be able to be changed with any version as that is just the size (diameter) of the sprinkler head. I am not sure if you need a newer version or the professional version to modify the sprinkler stencils. In order to do it, I copied the round and rectangular heads to my favorties stencil and that allowed me to changed them from read only to edit. I then edited the master properties/edit master shape. In there you can go to shape/custom propeties and add new coverage (45, 200, etc) patterns. I hope this helps.

Steve

vmbray

Thursday, May 4th 2006, 9:52am

Hi, your design looks great! I was trying to get Visio going to do this myself based on your success, I have Visio pro 2003. What's happening is I can't seem to get the master to copy, it always wants to make a shortcut. Once I got it to copy but since that it always makes a shortcut whether I copy it or send it to favorites, or another stencil or whatever. Has that happened to you, do you have any idea what I'm doing wrong? Thanks!

vmbray

Thursday, May 4th 2006, 10:00am

Nevermind, you drag the master from the DRAWING PAGE onto the new stencil and it becomes editable. Gees, that was so hard :O

Rate this thread