You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

allwet2

Monday, May 8th 2006, 4:50am

Pressure

I just replaced two impact sprinkler heads (Rainbird Maxipaw)with two PGP-ATR heads. There are three heads in total on this zone. The third is a rotar head. I have checked the water pressure and it is between 60 and 70 psi. The PGP-ATR heads don't seem to cover the same area as the impact heads. I still have the factory installed nozzels in the heads. I believe they are #7. The sprays seems to be low. Do I need to put in a smaller nozzel to bring up the pressure and just run the heads longer to get the proper amount of water? The rest of the system seems to be running fine. I use town water not a well.

RidgeRun05

Supreme Member

Tuesday, May 9th 2006, 5:06pm

Try using a smaller GPM nozzle.
Tony Posey
Ridge Run Landscapes

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, May 9th 2006, 10:27pm

Do be aware, however, that there are applications where the Hunter PGP-ATR cannot cannot replace the Maxipaw, because the original will throw water a greater distance with lower water pressure.

Rate this thread