You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, May 5th 2006, 11:14am

coverage

what to do? i have 3 hunter pgp's in a rectangular area, city h2o, 60psi. i am not getting good cover close to the heads,(the area about 2-6ft away). i tried alot of differ nozzle sizes. it seems that i can't get a good curtain for short range..any suggestions. i currently have two 7's and a 5 nozzle on them

Tom

Supreme Member

Friday, May 5th 2006, 11:37am

a typical hunter problem. do the other heads overlap each other? i.e. each head should be getting covered by two other heads. 3 heads in a rectangle area doesn't seem like good coverage. what are the measurements of the area?

rainbird 5000 rotos have very good nozzles that water well close into the head, but it sounds like your sprinkler head layout is less than ideal.

Friday, May 5th 2006, 12:22pm

the length is 68ft, width 40ft, distance from the left and right heads to middle one 33ft. all three get coverage to the heads from the ones behind them. the prob is dryness from the "three" to the roadway. like i mentioned before range within 10ft of the heads..thanks tom

Tom

Supreme Member

Friday, May 5th 2006, 1:16pm

so a 68' x 40' rectangle?

4 heads in each corner throwing 40', 2 heads midway along 68' side throwing 34' would give better coverage.

SprinklerGuy

Supreme Member

Friday, May 5th 2006, 3:01pm

I just did a bid like that today...35 x 25...he wanted 1 head in each corner and 1 in the middle of each long side.....I declined and offered to install 2 spray head zones for the same price.

I think I talked myself out of that job, but at least he won't call when the "doughnuts" appear....

Sprinkler Solutions, Inc.
Arizona and Colorado
www.sprinklersolutions.net

nrupalp

Wednesday, May 10th 2006, 9:14am

Sprinklerguy: i want to install sprinkler's in 40x20ft area, should i put one head in each corner?

Rate this thread