You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, May 10th 2006, 6:28pm

Watts vs. Febco

I am looking at using a double check backflow device. My question is why is a Watts twice as much as a Febco, at least on sprinklerwarehouse, and is it worth the additional money to get a Watts. Looking at a 1". Thanks.

Tom

Supreme Member

Thursday, May 11th 2006, 4:11am

are you sure a double check is permitted in your area?

Thursday, May 11th 2006, 8:23am

Yes, that is one of the devices allowed, and was actually pushed by the inspector as opposed to a pvb. I was just wondering why the Febco 850 on the site is $53 and the Watts 007 is $93. Is the Watts that much better? What features are different? Another question I have is concerning a master valve. Are those recommended, what are advantages disadvantages? Also is there a filter I can place on a 1" sch-40 pvc pipe before the backflow device? Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am a sprinkler novice and am attempting to install my own system. Thank you all in advance.

xpedient

Sunday, June 25th 2006, 5:56pm

Febco is the way to go. If you need a double check assembly the 825Y would be your best bet.

Xpedient Irrigation Inc. is a locally owned company that delivers solutions to all your sprinker system needs.
We service both residential and light commercial customers.

We offer: Complete installations
All types of Repairs
Summer start-ups
Evaluation of coverage
Troubleshooting
Pressure loss
Vacuum breaker repair
Drip/Low-Pressure Irrigation Installation and Repair
and Much More!

If you would like free consultation or advice for your property, please feel free to contact us with any questions!

Call or email us now to schedule your summer-start up!

http://www.highlandsranch.com/class/display.html?id=3537

Rate this thread