You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

apssara

Wednesday, May 17th 2006, 10:34am

Not all circuts have adequate pressure

I have a 12 circut system and 7 of the circuts don't have enough pressure to run properly. The system runs off city water. Piping goes from the water supply to a T where the right branch of the T supplies the 5 circuts that work and the left branch supplies the 7 with limited pressure. I suspected a leak but meter readings don't seem to indicate one and I haven't been able to detect a wet spot in the yard. Any advice would be appreciated.

jlease

Wednesday, May 17th 2006, 11:57am

Figure out gallons per minute on several of the zones that work and several of those that don't. It sounds like you have too much friction loss on the zones that don't work, which may be a pipe sizing issue.

apssara

Wednesday, May 17th 2006, 1:58pm

Thanks. The system has been in place for a number of years and has operated well in the past so I don't think it is a pipe size issue.

jlease

Thursday, May 18th 2006, 6:01am

If pressure from the water source has lessened a poorly designed system could begin to show problems. If it was a leak the pressure would drop on all zones and none would be working properly and you'd find lots of water by the time your first five ran.

One other thing that might have happened depending on pvc or poly pipe main line is that something between the T and the first of the seven valves that doesn't work could have pinched or sqeezed the mainline down to where your flow is not adequate. Run one of the nonworking zones and go to the meter and see how many gpm it is pumping out. If it is a low gpm you then have to find the pinch.

Rate this thread