You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

craigsw858

Starting Member

Tuesday, June 27th 2006, 9:52pm

Toro 570 options -- what to pick?

I'm wondering what Toro 570 spray head options to pick -- mainly PRX and COM.

My situation is that I've got a 400 foot frontage along a street along which I have to plant grass due to HOA rules. (Really stupid in dry California :-( )

The elevation changes about 30 feet along this distance. I've designed in 4 zones, the lowest pressure zone is at 30 psi and the highest is at 40 psi after losses from pipes, valves, etc. from the 60 psi available at the backflow preventer.

Will the PRX feature help make the spray pattern more consistent for the heads within each zone? Or will the pressure regulation not work due to the pressure not being high enough in some or all zones?

Does the X-flow feature really work well? (This is supposed to stop water flow if a nozzle pops off -- a problem I've had happen previously.)

Will the COM feature really help avoid having the lower sprinkler heads in a zone (which could be as much as about 10 feet lower than the highest ones) from flooding/leaking out after the water shuts off?

Where can I buy the 570 PRX COM 4" pop-ups? I've sent two or three e-mails to sprinklerwarehouse.com asking about pricing in the last month, but still have not gotten a reply.

eecliff

Sunday, July 9th 2006, 9:55am

Try the Toro website, that might help you locate a dealer near you.

http://www.toro.com/sprinklers/index.html

I live in BC Canada and here is what I pay for them.
570Z 4P PRX COM $6.24
570Z 6P PRX COM $10.68
570Z 12P PRX COM $14.10

Hope this helps you out somewhat ..

ee.....

Rate this thread