You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

helpless

Saturday, December 2nd 2006, 10:46am

getting soaked oninstallation of replacement heads

Just had my sprinkler guy replace two heads. The first one was a HunterI-20 (100%) rotating and he charged me $75. The second one was a hunter spray and he charged me $50. Claimed that it was so expensive because they have 5 yr warranties and are good heads. Looked online, they seem to cost about $10 or so each. Is he just totally ripping me off? [:(]

BSME

Advanced Member

Saturday, December 2nd 2006, 11:39am

was the total bill for $125?

SprinklerGuy

Supreme Member

Saturday, December 2nd 2006, 3:21pm

If the total bill was $125 I'd say it was about right...

My service call for the first 30 minutes is $65

I charge $35 for an I-20 and $10 for the spray head....total of $110 + Tax....

If it took him a bit longer because he was "sidetracked" or was checking the other zones.....additional 15 minutes at $60 per hour comes to exactly $125....

Sounds reasonable....
Sprinkler Solutions, Inc.
Arizona and Colorado
www.sprinklersolutions.net

Tom

Supreme Member

Monday, December 4th 2006, 7:16am

Did he give you a price and/or price range beforehand? Probably not is my guess. He should have, and you should have asked. But, sprinkler repair/install is a seasonal business. Companies have to charge on the higher end of the spectrum to BE in business, otherwise whats the point?

Does your employer/boss ask specifically what you have done/created/sold etc. before he hands you your paycheck? I'll bet there are some weeks "he" feels he is being ripped off. If your boss/employer asked you to start collecting/billing from his customers- monies for the job YOU did, I'll bet you'll soon discover what it costs to be in business- otherwise you wouldn't have a job!

I have my carpets cleaned every year and it costs around $150. I'm sure the soap they use cost about $1.00. Do, I feel I'm being ripped off? Well lets see, I don't have the experience nor do I have the $10,000 plus truck mounted carpet cleaning machine required to do the job properly........Oh yeah, the one guy can do the job in just over an hour.

helpless

Thursday, December 7th 2006, 4:18am

he was at my house blowing out the lines when he did this. So the bill was $50 for the winterizing. and add'l $125 for the heads. Total$175. I just feel that as a woman he may have taken advantage of me. So i just want to know so I know whether I should use him again.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, December 7th 2006, 4:38am

Not horribly unfair at all. You can wiggle the numbers into a parts-and-labor invoice, and see he was just charging something like a standard repair-call labor charge, along with parts at close-to-retail price. Some folks think they should get a discount for service done at blowout-time, but I never offer one, and never will.

Tom

Supreme Member

Thursday, December 7th 2006, 9:58am

Well your not happy about it, so find someone else. You will find pricing all over the place. The key is to find someone you trust- which you obviously don't with your current guy.

Sunday, February 25th 2007, 5:40am

You are definitely not getting ripped off. I've been in the business for 11 years now and I know it inside and out. That's basically what my boss would charge as well. It's a business and there a lot of things to take into consideration.

lush96

Advanced Member

Tuesday, March 6th 2007, 12:05pm

sprinkler service prices vary depending on where you are. my company is in Long Island NY. we charge 50 for an I-20(which i would never put in my yard by the way), 25 for a spray head, and a 90 dollar labor charge per hour. total being 165. but again, this may vary according to location and company. spray heads do not carry a five year warranty. the I-20 does though. ive been in business 25 years!!!!!!! 50 bucks for a spray head is waaaaaaay too much no matter where you are. and he lied to you by telling you BOTH heads have a five year warranty.

lush96

Advanced Member

Tuesday, March 6th 2007, 12:07pm

there is no way you are going to find an I-20 for 10 bucks anywhere!!!!!!! just thought i would mention that.

Rate this thread