You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

giams

Tuesday, January 9th 2007, 12:23pm

Hunter SRC only 1 out of 2 zones working

Hunter SRC controller only getting 1 out of a 2 zone system. #1 zone running fine 2 zone not running and no continunity complete novice plese give me insight on where to start

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, January 9th 2007, 1:09pm

Got an test meter to troubleshoot with? I assume you do, if 'no continuity' is accurate. You need to break the problem down to its component parts, and check each one. Maybe it's a dead solenoid. Or a broken wire. Or a bad connection.

giams

Wednesday, January 10th 2007, 10:48am

used multi-meter showed no continunity no broken wire all the into ground. where is solenoid located in system?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, January 10th 2007, 1:41pm

Solenoids are on the valves. They can burn out and become an open circuit. Sloppy wiring can become an open circuit. Disconnect the solenoid wires and test it for resistance. Label your wires before you disconnect anything.

giams

Thursday, January 11th 2007, 10:21am

Is it possible that valves and solenoids are buried? New house only water valve I could find is out front and has one large valve in a hole with no wires leading to it. warned you I was a novice and appreciate your help

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, January 11th 2007, 11:27am

You will have to locate the valves. Follow the wire from the controller. Poke around the ground with a big screwdriver, looking for a valve box cover.

giams

Saturday, January 13th 2007, 7:53am

i have followed the wire for 20 feet with no valve cover. how long does the wire usually travel?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, January 14th 2007, 6:23am

Just keep following. It is the one sure way to find the valves. A pro would use a cable locater, that he paid hundreds of dollars for.

Rate this thread