You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

rftt

Starting Member

Saturday, January 20th 2007, 1:35pm

Febco 765 dripping, possible freeze

I live in the Phoenix AZ area and we use our irrigation systems all year. This year we've had a couple nights of heavy freeze and now I notice my febco 765 dripping around the cap. I suspect that even though covered at night, it might have been damaged by the freeze.

What is the likely cause of the drip and is it a part / assembly easily replaced ? or will I likely need a whole new backflow device ?
RT

SprinklerGuy

Supreme Member

Monday, January 22nd 2007, 2:53am

Hi....

Sounds like those 2 days of freezing got you! The likely cause of the drip is one of two parts.

The poppet or the bonnet. You can be safe and purchase them as a set here for between $55 and $65 ... http://www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/SearchResult.aspx?CategoryID=230

We can help you on here to replace this part...very easy.

If you prefer to have someone fix it for you, email me I have tons of business associates in the PHX area.... Good Luck
Sprinkler Solutions, Inc.
Arizona and Colorado
www.sprinklersolutions.net

Rate this thread