You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

mpicanco

Friday, March 23rd 2007, 4:26pm

Rainbird rotors

I have purchased 21 32sa rotors and 4 42sa rotors and I have been hearing a lot of negative feedback about the rotors. Should I return them or will they they do the job? I also wanted to know if I should use 3/4 or 1 inch copper supply from the meter to the backflow. I will be using 1 inch poly.

drpete3

Supreme Member

Saturday, March 24th 2007, 4:52am

These are the type from Lowes right? If so youll get neg feed back on them from here. I have no experience with them.

With this big of a purchase I would suggest hunter PGP and order them from sprinkler warehouse. Great product and great price. and fyi I have no affiliation with SW. This is just what I think is best.

As far as the size goes. Dont down size ever on your main line.
Thanks,

Pete

mpicanco

Saturday, March 24th 2007, 5:14pm

I sent my measurments of my property to rainbird and they sugested the 42sa and 32sa rotors. I have a ten thousand square foot lot. My back yard is 120 feet by 50 feet and they recomend 21 32sa rotors and I have a garadge 20 feet by 40 feet in the back yard. They sugested 4 rainbird 42sa rotors for the front yard. Its a small grass area. Does 21 rotors sound about right or is it over kill for the back yard?

drpete3

Supreme Member

Monday, March 26th 2007, 5:35am

Ok the 32 and 42 series are rainbirds homeownrs rotors. The product youll get at SW are contractor grade.

For the back yard 21 rotors may be overkill but it depends on the shape. If it is a basic rectangel then we could lay out your system and do it with 14 rotors RB 5000 or Hunter PGP's. If you give us more info we will help you with this.

what is your pressure, gpm's, well or city water, service line size. shape of your property?
Thanks,

Pete

mpicanco

Tuesday, March 27th 2007, 12:21pm

I have 70 psi, 13 gpm, city water and my meter is 5/8 and i will be using one inch to supply the system.

drpete3

Supreme Member

Wednesday, March 28th 2007, 5:45am

sounds good how much spacing are they suggesting between heads? is your back yard a rectangle?

If you went with the rb 5000 you could space them 30 ft apart. I am not sure why they suggested the 32 and not 42. that is why I wonder what the shape of your property is.
Thanks,

Pete

mpicanco

Thursday, March 29th 2007, 3:17pm

The yard is a rectangle shape. The design from rainbird suggest some 15 feet and some 20 feet away.

drpete3

Supreme Member

Tuesday, April 3rd 2007, 7:59am

sorry been absent. Are you still there? Still need help? Have you figured out how I came up with 14 heads spaced at 30 ft apart?
Thanks,

Pete

Rate this thread